Nursing Home Abuse & Negligence
Jacksonville Nursing Home Abuse & NegligenceElder Abuse Attorneys
Each year thousands of Florida families consider placing their aged loved ones in nursing homes (skilled care) or Assisted Living Facilities (ALF). These decisions are very difficult and finding the right skilled care or ALF, at an affordable location can be challenging. The most troubling fact is that many of these facilities are ill-equipped to provide proper care in a safe and comfortable environment. Nothing could be worse than to discover your loved ones have experienced some type of abuse or neglect from the very people hired to protect them. Abuse can come in many forms depending on the condition of the patient and the type of care needed to be administered. Bed sores, broken bones from falling, dehydration, infections, severe loss of weight, malnutrition or lack of nourishment, prescriptions not being administered properly, unsanitary conditions, sexual abuse and sometimes even death are the result of improper care. At Wood, Atter & Wolf, P.A., we are highly concerned at the care, or lack of care, that is being administered every day to someone in a skilled nursing facility or ALF. We represent families and their loved ones who have experienced some kind of nursing home or assisted living facility abuse. Our highly skilled attorneys, together with an experienced medical professional, have the ability to review the medical records and, gather corroborating evidence of abuse or negligence. When we find it, we are aggressive in pursuing the rights of our elderly and their families.
The State of Florida has an overwhelming aged population and has created special laws that protect the elderly in Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities. Florida even provides a special “Bill of Rights” to protect those residing in long-term care, assisted living or skilled facilities.Protections Under The Law Include:
Why Choose Us
- The right to be treated fairly, and courteously and with dignity and must receive a written statement and oral explanation of all services that will be provided by the facility.
- The right to be free of mental and physical abuse, involuntary seclusion, any form of corporal punishment, and restraints involving physical or chemical substances unless authorized by a physician for specific and limited applications.
- Additionally, any whistle-blower who reports abuse or suspected violation of a patient’s rights shall have immunity from prosecution unless that person acted with malicious intent or in bad faith.
- Legal actions maybe brought by a person, guardian or resident who seeks damages for neglect, violation of rights, injuries or death and may be brought against the licensee of the facility, licensee’s management or consulting company or any other person or direct caregiver providing care whether they are an employee or a contractor.
- A Statute of limitation of 2 years does exist from the time the incident occurred or was discovered, so prompt attention is imperative.
Michael Atter and David Wolf, the partners at Wood, Atter & Wolf, P.A. understand that most elderly or infirm persons, must often rely on someone other than a loved one to take care of them, and they are especially susceptible to mistreatment and abuse. We represent people, who in most cases can’t represent themselves, to stop the mistreatment's that are taking place. If you believe someone is being abused or neglected in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility, Call us today at 904 355-888 to set up a Free consultation or Contact Us Online
David Wolf is an excellent attorney. He is my FIRST call when a problem arises. He has represented me on a few matters and guided me on others. He is responsive, professional, and compassionate. If you want a down to earth attorney who will fight for your rights, David Wolf would be a good choice for you.
I am writing to recommend David as counsel. Our grand daughter was injured in a family daycare and during a very difficult time David provided sound advice even when we were unsure of where to turn. David is sincere in desire to help others, is thorough in his explanation of complicated issues and is personable besides. Thanks for reaching out to us, David. We will forever be appreciative.
I called Mr. Wolf to consult him about a settlement that was being offered to me due to an auto accident. He took the time to answer all my questions in a kind and honest way, so I decided to let him handle the case. I am very happy I did. He is very nice and professional, and promptly answers emails and calls. I highly recommend Mr. Wolf.
David is well recognized in the Jacksonville community as tireless advocate for his clients. I would recommend David and his firm for those who have been injured or harmed by the carless of negligence of others.
David Wolf was able to resolve my situation quickly and efficiently. He is a professional attorney who is not only extremely knowledgeable but also kind and considerate. He took the time to assure me of the results and put my mind at ease. I would recommend him highly and would only retain him for other legal services.