Jacksonville Construction Accidents
Accidents that take place at construction sites can not only be life-threatening, but career-ending as well. Many times, commercial and residential construction workers are put at risk because of the failure to adhere to safety standards. Building sites are especially vulnerable to mishaps and accidents, because of their scale and number of workers engaged in activities. Often this leads to an unsafe environment and workers are inadvertently injured due to someone else’s careless behavior. Additionally, heavy equipment and materials used in most construction, if improperly handled, can have devastating effects on a worker causing major injury and sometimes death. From road construction and foundation laying to structural and finishing work, accidents can happen at any stage of the project. If you have been injured at a construction site, there are laws specifically designed to protect construction workers that may benefit you. Wood, Atter & Wolf, P.A. are experienced construction injury attorneys
. They have represented construction workers and their families for over 40 years. Not all construction injury cases are cut and dry, and if you have been injured you may have a claim against the at-fault party. Types of Injuries Common At Construction Accidents
- Construction Falls- Many construction accidents occur because of falling off roofs, scaffolding and buildings, where proper safety harnesses are not employed. These types of injuries can be serious and in some cases deadly. Often, even if the worker survives, the outcome for a continued career in construction is doubtful.
- Crane and Overhead Accidents- Anytime heavy equipment is present, the dangers of falling objects are increased. Many construction sites employ crane operators and rental equipment from outside companies. If the equipment is not properly maintained and serviced or the operator is not experienced and careless, this can lead to accidents and injuries.
- Heavy Equipment- The larger the heavy equipment used, the less visibility the operator has to avoid workers and objects. Accidents caused by large trucks, backhoes, dozers, excavators and tractors often times results in serious injuries and death.
- Construction Deliveries- All construction sites have one thing in common and that is the delivery of materials to complete the job. These material handlers are typically independent suppliers, who’s safety standards might not comply with industry standards, putting construction workers at risk.
- Trench Wall Collapse- Often times, trench wall collapse is the most devastating form of construction breach and can result in serious and fatal injuries.
- Construction Explosions- Hazardous conditions exist at most construction sites but nothing is more dangerous than an explosion from materials that can impact a wide area of the site.
- Electric Shock and Burns- Many electricians can suffer electric shock, burns and even death from wiring and installation of related equipment.
The attorneys at Wood, Atter & Wolf, P.A. understand that your immediate concerns include getting your medical bills paid, limiting potential lost wages, and ensuring insurance coverage for the present and future treatment of your injury. Due to the serious nature of construction injuries, your return to work might be in doubt, Michael Atter and David Wolf are experienced attorneys who will assess your situation and discuss all the legal options available to you, as well as negotiate or fight with insurance companies and other involved parties to ensure your needs are addressed quickly and appropriately. We are prepared to sue those responsible and go to trial if needed so that you get the award that you deserve.
We will work to protect your legal rights and pursue rightful compensation for long term medical bills, wage loss, disfigurement, pain and suffering, emotional distress, mental anguish, and lost enjoyment of life.
If you or a loved one is in the Northeast Florida area, including Jacksonville, Orange Park, St. Augustine, Fernandina Beach or in the areas around Duval, St. Johns, Nassau, and Clay counties, and have been injured in a construction work site accident, Contact Us Online
or Call Us at (904) 355-8888 to set up a FREE consultation.
David Wolf is an excellent attorney. He is my FIRST call when a problem arises. He has represented me on a few matters and guided me on others. He is responsive, professional, and compassionate. If you want a down to earth attorney who will fight for your rights, David Wolf would be a good choice for you.
I am writing to recommend David as counsel. Our grand daughter was injured in a family daycare and during a very difficult time David provided sound advice even when we were unsure of where to turn. David is sincere in desire to help others, is thorough in his explanation of complicated issues and is personable besides. Thanks for reaching out to us, David. We will forever be appreciative.
I called Mr. Wolf to consult him about a settlement that was being offered to me due to an auto accident. He took the time to answer all my questions in a kind and honest way, so I decided to let him handle the case. I am very happy I did. He is very nice and professional, and promptly answers emails and calls. I highly recommend Mr. Wolf.
David is well recognized in the Jacksonville community as tireless advocate for his clients. I would recommend David and his firm for those who have been injured or harmed by the carless of negligence of others.
David Wolf was able to resolve my situation quickly and efficiently. He is a professional attorney who is not only extremely knowledgeable but also kind and considerate. He took the time to assure me of the results and put my mind at ease. I would recommend him highly and would only retain him for other legal services.